Saturday, December 7, 2013

I guess I should tell you how is it going?




Well, well, well. It seems like I have tended to speak rather introspectively these last few weeks and have quite forgotten to actually tell you about my life here. My apologies for that.

Since, you know, I love making lists, why don't I start you off.

1. I have a social life!




 I actually find myself constantly 'engaged' to do things, including watching Hunger Games: Catching Fire in a fancy cinema in Newcastle... alone. But really, I have tons of things to do, which I guess explains why--

2. I suck at being a student!!




Maybe it was that I spent a whole year and a half without doing any homework, so I am rusty. Maybe I'm just a lazy bum now. Either way, this master's thing might not have been such a great idea. But hey--I live in England, yeepeeeeee!!!!

3. Chutney!

It's this thing like jam but it has everything you can think of. It's one of those flavors that you find so repulsive you can't help but to love, like olives. You just want to over-stimulate your gustatory glands (and your gag reflexes). You may call it masochism but--wait, yes, yes it is. 

4. Fish and Chips!

I love the stuff. I mean, I am obsessed with it. With some vinegar. And ketchup. Long live Bells!! (This segment is brought to you by Bells--they promised me a lot of free F-n-C).

5. Daniel Castellano!


Pfff, I wish I could add that to my "to do list." Eww, TMI. I would never objectify Danny. I would only honor him with a marriage proposal--if he were real. On a forreal note, though, I am obsessed with this guy. He is literally perfect for me: hyper-masculine doctor with a big heart. Did I mention he only has his priest over to dinner twice a month, tops? Move over, Darcy!! If they cancel the show, in the words of Kelly Kapoor, 'I will kill myself.'

God is so, so good.

6. British words!!





Yes, I have picked a few up: lovely, rubbish, jumper, cheers. But don't ask me to 'talk with a British accent'. It's been two months, genius. I talk as Texican as ever.

7. I am a footballer.

I have joined my college team for intramural. I do a terrible job at looking like I'm trying to get the ball. But I have fun. And we did win.... once! It was glorious, like the good old days--except we always use to lose in the good old days. I guess I just have bad luck with teams. Or maybe I'm the problem...

8. I have taught Indian men how to make Guacamole.

Yes, they are pretty proud of it. And so am I .

9. I got a railcard and I look super cute on the picture:

That's right, gentleman. If you like it then you should probably put a ring on it (do it, a whole nation is praying for it).

10.  Have given up on the kitchen.

They don't want to wash their dishes in two days? Fine.
 They wanna turn the white stove brown with filth? Sure, go ahead!
 They want to throw vegetables on the floor? Be my guest.


  I am not a mother. And none of them are my husbands, so why should I give a damn? Oh, that's right, because IT'S FREAKING DISGUSTING! But quiet, control freak. There are things that you cannot control.


11. England is a breath-taking, beautiful place.

Heck, so is Scotland. I can't wait to see more. And you too, Ireland, you gorgeous green you.

12. And you thought you sweat a lot in Texas?

That's because you haven't walked three miles in the cold while wearing layers and layers of clothing. It is horrible! I have to change like twice or three times a day to avoid a chill!

13. Have been blessed with some amazing friends!
And I am ecstatic about that because the Lord never fails me! He promised and, sure enough, there we are.

14. Cute babies wrapped in warm clothes, blankets, etc.
It is the most adorable thing you will see. It makes me want to---well, you know... get a puppy or something.




15. SNOW!




For five minutes, but it was soooo glorious. I turned 12 years old in an instant. I was laughing like a fool. I was cupping my hands together, trying to catch it. You get it.

Though I'm sure I won't be so happy the moment I start falling on my butt on the icy roads. Brace yourself, coccyx.



No comments:

Post a Comment