Monday, January 12, 2015

Random stuff, part 2.



1. Acronyms are idiotic. They are confusing and it takes longer to explain them than to just say the words. I just felt like I had to get that out there.



2. The comforting thought of being a national of the World's fattest country living in the World's second fattest country. Who can blame me? I got both Nature AND Nurture against me!!!!



3. Eaves-dropping at its worst:

    Man: have you seen her? She must have been walking around here. She's small and has dark hair.

    Me: Oh, you lost your dog?

    Man: No... my girlfriend. 



Man: she's small, has dark hair. A nice body. Fake boobs.




4. Drinking tea with milk and sugar makes you a douchy snob if you're not in the UK, or so I hear. I'm sorry that I'm better than you and I have traveled the world (sort of) and I appreciate that tea doesn't give me putrid breath like coffee seems to do to everyone else. What's that you say? I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you over the sound of my sipping my delicious Early Grey from my delicate fine-china teacup while listening to Chopin on my 1920s gramophone. Besides, the Countess Dowager was telling me the funniest story about how her silly late-husband shot one of the servants accidentally once.




5. People working in the restaurant industry win heaven by martyrdom of the customer service type.


Man: hello, I'm calling because I found you online and I'm looking for a place to eat. What kind of burgers do you have?

Me: OH, I DON'T KNOW, THE KIND WITH THE DEAD COW AND THE BREAD AND THE FATTY CHEESE THAT WILL BLOCK YOUR ARTERIES?

Me (what I actually said): what do you mean what kind of burgers, sir? 


Man: yeah, what kind? I'm looking for something to eat. Are your burgers good?

Me: SURELY NOT SIR, THEY ARE A MOUTHFUL OF HORSE SHIT.

Me (what I actually said): Yes, they are good. We have cheeseburgers, and bacon burgers, and barbecue burgers...


Man: but how good are they? If I'm going to drive all the way to your restaurant I need to know if it's worth it. I need you to make me want to.

Me: MAKE YOU WANT TO WHAT? I DIDN'T REALIZE THIS WAS A SEX HOTLINE. 

Me (what I actually said): Well, they are good burgers, we've been here for 30+ years, I don't know what else you want me to say...



Man: well, I'm just looking for something good and exotic.

Me: THIS IS A CLASSIC AMERICAN FOOD RESTAURANT, NOT A THAI MASSAGE PARLOUR. 


Me (what I actually said): well, we sell burgers, sir, it doesn't get any less exotic than that....

Man: okay.Thanks. *HANGS UP*





No comments:

Post a Comment