Saturday, February 1, 2014

That one time someone hugged me



So the other day I was talking to a friend, and you know, complaining about the guys and the kitchen being dirty and stuff (nothing out of the ordinary) and this friend got up from the chair and came to hug me. I didn't think I was being particularly whinny but it didn't matter. My friend got up, came to me, and held me. And I kept talking like an idiot, on and on and on. And my friend wouldn't let me go.

And, I don't know, it was strange because it was so peaceful, so nice, so cozy. I didn't realize how much turmoil was in my soul that day until my friend was holding me and my heart gradually came into stillness, to silence. It was like lying on the green grass on a sunny day looking at the deep blue sky while feeling the cool autumn breeze. It was like being a child again and being held by mom in a timeless embrace.

The tears were welling up. I wasn't particularly sensitive that day--in fact, I was feeling fairly happy, having lunch with friends and all. But that hug... it was strange, I tell you.

Yes, it felt like my mom was here with me, holding me, rocking me, reassuring me that everything was going to be OK.

Even more--it was like having Mama Mary holding me, telling me "here, you are tired, but I am here, rest a bit."

EVEN MORE--it was like Jesus was telling me "I know you need this. Here I am, rest in me, put your heart in my heart, here I am. Always. Don't forget."

It made me remember how weary I have been feeling only to remind me that I am loved and that I am not alone. And God always chooses the right people to do this. So He chose this twenty-year-old, lovely person to help out this stubborn, tired, twenty-six-year-old heart.

I know this friend is probably reading this. Thank you for being an instrument of the Lord and for giving warmth and light to this poor sickly heart of mine. I will never forget this moment and I will never forget you. You are a blessing in my life.

To everyone else: I want you to know that you are loved, so infinitely much. And that if you ever see a person in need of love, you should do something about it. You never know how your actions may touch that person!

Love
-C

No comments:

Post a Comment