Friday, March 21, 2014

TERM 2, A.K.A. MISSION IMPOSSIBLE, DONE.



HONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY I'M HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMEEEEEEEE


TERM'S OVER, PUNKS! THE MEXICAN GEORDIE IS BACK!




It's been so long, I actually forgot how to spell 'Geordie'. At least I could still remember how to spell 'Mexican'. But anyway, how the heck are you? I'm fine, thanks for asking.

After a few weeks that should have been stressful but in which I avoided stress by pretending work wasn't going to pile up tall enough to collapse on me while I slept and bury me under ruble, I am proud to say I finished my three papers yesterday and turned them in.

It feels great to be free! Five week vacation!!

Except.....

I have four papers due on the first week of next term.


Ah well, at least I get a weekend off, right? Sure... sure...

AND... *DRUMROLL* I AM GOING TO ITALY AT THE END OF APRIL!






Oh, what else is new?

Ohhhh yeah, we lost the semifinal against Stevenson. 2-1. ON THE LAST MINUTE OF THE GAME. Seriously. I almost die of sadness. There goes my closet shot at being an Olympian....................

hate this dude... but I was him for a few hours


Also, I got to celebrate the feast of St. Cuthbert in our parish, St. Cuthbert's Catholic Church, in Durham, where Cuthbert is actually buried. DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANG. That's not something you hear of everyday, huh? Pretty cool stuff.





I went to see Swan Lake in Newcastle, performed by some Russian ballet (so you know it was good). But the theater was GHETTO. I mean... I'm talking about using two speakers instead of an orchestra to play the music for the ballet... and one of the speakers wasn't working properly.



But the dancers did an amazing job and the performance was beautiful. The leading ballerina was so freakishly elegant and feminine she put all women in the world to shame. DANG DUDE. And so Russian, too.


I started writing a daily Lent blog and let me tell you, that thing's work!! I am committed to it so I always have to make time to do it. It is challenging and sometimes annoying, but I feel it will really pay off! Go read it!

http://lentensoupforthesoul.blogspot.co.uk/

I would like to thank God, the Lord, for His help getting me through this term!!!! You rock, Big G!



On the other hand, friends have started to leave, to go back home. So things might be getting a little gloomy. But I will always cherish those beautiful memories and I will not forget!



Ah well, when I had imagined posting this, I thought it was going to be much longer and interesting. Sue me.


No comments:

Post a Comment