Sunday, November 3, 2013

I fell in love...



With Edinburgh.


I went to Edinburgh, Scotland this weekend to be a part of the Dominican Youth Movement  launch. It was a fun time of fellowship, praise, worship, and touristing!

I have to say I fell in love with the city. It looks very family friendly, clean and historical. The only sad thing is that I did see a lot of graffiti, but overall a gorgeous place. OH, and the University of Edinburgh's Catholic Chaplaincy is the house where Sir Arthur Conan Doyle used to live (that's the guy who wrote the Sherlock Holmes stories and The Lost World). And the house next door was home of none other than Sir Walter Scott!!

I think the only problem was that I got a pretty bad person to host me in their home for the night. I get it, she was doing me the favor but---she didn't even offer me a glass of water. She sent me to use her roommate's bathroom and this roommate is a man, a man who apparently has never cleaned his toilet. Oh and I slept alternatively on a couch and the floor because they were both equally uncomfortable. BUT IT WAS FREE. So it is what it is!


Now, I did't get to see much of the city up close because we spent a considerable amount of time going up a mountain in the middle of the city to see it all from high above. The mountain is called "Arthur's Seat" because--yup, you guessed it: legend has it it was King Arthur's throne.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur's_Seat,_Edinburgh

Anyway, not much to say. Let's leave it with a bunch of pics!!! Enjoy.

The coast of Scotland!
Not really... I wish :(

The Chapel of St. Albert the Great


old and new architecture


yes he did

and he was his neighbor


catholic church

the view from where I slept

U of E's Student Union


King Arthur's seat from afar





At the top of Arthu's seat!!!! The winds were so incredibly great that I could only stand like this for a few moments without being blown away
The city from above






proof that I was actually there

this one is huge so you can see Edinburgh Castle
Owned

great job, champ





No comments:

Post a Comment