Monday, September 22, 2014

CHANGING IT UP A BIT: IT'S NOW CALLED "SMALL FAILURES, GIGANTIC TRIUMPHS" WITH GIFS, GIFS, GIFS


BONJOUR, PEASANTS! I decided to change it up a bit and turn huge failures into massive triumphs and tiny triumphs into insignificant failures because this will be the last post British-born!

1. GIANT TRIUMPH

DISSERTATION OVER, PUNKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!







It was a race against time, and I probably did not do as well as I should/could have, but that feeling of having that little piece of bullcrap-writing all bound up and professional-looking makes anyone proud. I turned it in on the day of the deadline--deal with it, yo, I live on the edge!!!

The relief I felt after turning that thing in--my God, what an amazing feeling. I equate it with winning the lottery or going to a great Chinese buffet.

2. TINY FAILURE

Having to throw away/gift stuff that was actually nice because I just can't afford to pay even more extra luggage! 



Examples include one of my footballs, my waterproofs (we know I won't go walking the hills in Texas while raining--do I want to get struck by lightning? Also, what hills?), MY TENNIS SHOES. Yes, my very own 26th birthday present to myself. Why? Because they were too squeaky. It was a bloody torture. Besides, it's not like I was going to leave the Clarks!

^^^^^^^^^^ I didn't mean these Clarks, but they most certainly will do ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

3. GIANT TRIUMPH

I went on a day trip to Raby Castle using public transportation!

 

YOLO, am I right? I went to this really cool medieval castle and saw a bunch of awesome stuff, including huge roses, and WHITE DEER. YES, THEY ARE REAL, LOOK:



O. MY. GOD.





4. TINY FAILURE

Missing the bus on the way back from Raby and having to wait out in the cold for the next one for over an hour. 


I got off the first bus to wait for the second one, but didn't realise the one I needed to take was right behind the one I had just left, so when I discovered the truth the bus was gone. It was the most excruciating one hour and fifteen minutes of my life, and I went to a store nearby to buy something to snack on, but my frugality got the better of me and I ended up buying some horrendously stale donuts for 25 pence. Don't judge me. I still ate them. 

 5. GIANT TRIUMPH

I went to York!!!!!!!!!!



Yes, the original York. It is a quaint, beautifully English town. I walked around, ate some spicy Cornish pasty, visited the house where St. Margaret used to live, and just went around, being generally merry. Shoutout to Betty Jo who let me borrow her Yorkminster pass so that I didn't have to pretend like I was praying inside an Anglican cathedral to go in for free! Overall it was a great day.



6. TINY FAILURE

STRESS EATING CAUSED A CONSIDERABLE AMOUNT OF WEIGHT-GAIN. Thanks for that, dissertation. 


It will be back to carb-less diet and the gym when I return.


7. GIANT TRIUMPH
 
I managed to bring all of my stuff to London!!!!!!!!!!! 

Four large suitcases. That is true heroism. Sure, my friends (shoutout to Paula, Mike, and Rini) helped me put them in the train, but it was not easy to walk across King's Cross and all the way to where the taxis were! But ingenuity and street-smartness are my middle name, or so I like to think, so I stalked one big bag on top of two others and push them all in a bundle using my whole body weight. It was like that Strongest Man competition. And I won. And I have brains too. So, men of the world, what are you waiting for?


8, TINY FAILURE

The moment I realised I had to take my luggage up a flight of stairs tot he second floor in London. I may or may not have cried. That is all I will say.


9. GIANT TRIUMPH

I TRAVELLED TO PARIS AND BELGIUM----BUT YOU WILL HAVE TO WAIT TIL NEXT TIME FOR THAT!


No comments:

Post a Comment