Friday, September 27, 2013

Why?

Hi there, dear friend/family member. If you are reading this, chances are, you just cannot get enough of me.





If that is the case, well, allow me to tell you that I find blogging much easier than writing individual Facebook messages to a ton of people. I know, that's very American of me. I apologize.

Anyway, with the time constraints that I am currently experiencing, I have decided this medium of communication will do for now. 

Now, you might ask, WHAT ON EARTH IS A GEORDIE AND WHY DOES SHE KEEP MENTIONING THAT, EVEN IN THIS GOD-FORSAKEN BLOG?
Well, let me tell you that my blog is not God forsaken. I am getting my brother to bless it and he's practically a priest. 


Now, as for Geordie, let's look at the Wisdom Fount of the World (Wikipedia):

Geordie /ˈɔrdi/ is both a regional nickname for a person from the larger Tyneside[1] region of North East England, and the name of the English-language dialect spoken by its inhabitants. Depending on who is using it, the catchment area for the term "Geordie" can be as large as the whole of North East England as far south as Middlesbrough or as small as the urban area of Tyneside.




So, if you were lazy like me and didn't read the paragraph above, Geordie basically means a person from the Durham/Newcastle area. Geordie is also a type of British accent (one that is bleeping crazy). And everyone knows I'm Mexican, so no need to explain there, right? Anyway, this amazingly witty term, Mexican Geordie, is what I will be turning into, I think. Before that I was just like a... Texican. 



This blog is about my experience at Durham University, at my college (University College), and just in general my experience as a whole this year as a graduate student. I will try to make it amusing (although, knowing how God likes to play jokes on me, it will automatically be amusing). Be sure I will be writing this with all the love and hilarity that you deserve. Thank you for reading, and, most importantly, thank you for caring.





At this point, I have spent a whole 24 hours in the UK. And you most definitely will hear about it. 
But first, I gotta do some stuff...


 like clean this craphole of a room (craphole by my own doing, mind you).

Love,
Cris



p.s. I am not proof-reading, so excuse me if I do something crazy while typing up this stuff. 








p.s. 2 What I'm actually sorry about is... in case any of these links from the pictures take you to crazy horrible pages, I didn't mean that. I just did an image search on google and didn't bother going into the webpage with the image. CHEERS!

update/p.s.3 I apologize, also, for the stupid font situation in this blog. I have tried a million things and I just cannot get that white filling off the text. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment